Three applicants will be recommended to the entire TID Board of Directors by the TID Appointment Advisory Committee comprised of TID President Charles Fernandes and Division 4 Director Rob Santos.
TID General Manager Larry Weis confirmed the applicants to be considered as an appointment to fill the late Phil Short’s Division 1 Director position as being (in alphabetical order w/resume links): Mike Brem, John Eisenhut, and Michael Frantz.
The TID Agenda item H, BUSINESS OF THE BOARD, states that the Advisory Committee recommendations for appointment will be considered and interviews will be conducted.
The plans have been reported to allow each candidate three minutes to introduce themselves or give a presentation.
Mostly likely a Q&A session between all four TID Directors and the recommended applicants will be held after the introductions.
The TID Board of Directors then has the option to consider a motion to appoint Director, Division 1.
Turlock Irrigation District
Regular Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Main Office Building
333 East Canal Drive
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Phillip N. Short – Division 1
Charles Fernandes, President – Division 2
Michael C. Berryhill, Sr. – Division 3
Rob Santos – Division 4
Randy Fiorini, Vice President – Division 5
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. MOTION APPROVING CONSENT CALENDAR
All matters listed hereunder will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no individual discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate agenda item.
1. Approval of minutes of the regular meeting of October 27, 2009.
2. Approval of Turlock Irrigation District checks dated November 3, 2009.
C. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Interested persons in the audience are welcome to introduce any topic within the District’s jurisdiction. Matters presented under this heading may be discussed, but no action will be taken by the Board at this meeting.
D. WEEKLY UPDATES
1. Electrical System Update
– Renee Cargill, Service Division Manager
2. Power Report
– Bill Bacca, Trading & Scheduling Division Manager
3. Water Report
– Jason Carkeet, Utility Analyst
E. 2010 BUDGET PRESENTATION
1. Overview of 2010 Business Plan
– Larry Weis, General Manager
2. Review of the Civil Engineering & Water Operations, Power Supply, Resource Management & Planning Administrations 2010 Capital, Operations and Maintenance Budgets
– Joe E. Malaski, CFO/AGM Financial Services
– Jeff Barton, AGM Civil Engineering & Water Operations
– Randy Baysinger, AGM Power Supply
– Jim Farrar, AGM Resource Management, Planning & Rates
F. POWER SUPPLY ADJUSTMENT RATE
– Chris Poley, Utility Analyst
G. REVIEW PROPOSED 2010 SCHEDULE OF FEES AND CHARGES
– Martin Qualle, Accounting Department Manager
H. BUSINESS OF THE BOARD
1. Interview and Consideration of Potential Board Member Applicants
2. Consider Motion to Appoint Director, Division 1
I. MOTION TO ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation California Government Code Section 54956.9(b)
Significant exposure to litigation: one potential case
– Sara Lima, Legal Counsel
J. REPORT OF ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION
K. MOTION TO ADJOURN
The next scheduled regular meeting is November 10, 2009 at 9:00 a.m.