View the complete Turlock Irrigation District Regular Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 9:00 a.m.
Turlock Irrigation District
Regular Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Main Office Building
333 East Canal Drive
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Michael Frantz – Division 1
Charles Fernandes, Vice President – Division 2
Joe Alamo. – Division 3
Rob Santos, President – Division 4
Ron Macedo – Division 5
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
C. MOTION APPROVING CONSENT CALENDAR
All matters listed hereunder will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no individual discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate agenda item.
1. Approval of minutes of the regular meeting of January 26, 2010.
2. Approval of Turlock Irrigation District checks dated February 2, 2010.
D. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Interested persons in the audience are welcome to introduce any topic within the District’s jurisdiction. Matters presented under this heading may be discussed, but no action will be taken by the Board at this meeting.
E. WEEKLY UPDATES
1. Electrical Service Division Update
– Renee Cargill, Service Division Manager
2. Power Report
– Bill Bacca, Trading and Scheduling Division Manager
3. Water Report
– Jason Carkeet, Utility Analyst
F. ACTION ITEMS
1. Resolution Calling for a Public Hearing on the Petition for the Inclusion of Land into Improvement District No. 197, known as the Riise Ditch, and for the Levying of an Assessment on the Included Land
Consider submittal of the Report of Survey, Statement of Proposed Charge to include Stanislaus County APN 045-011-014, containing 19.73 acres, owned by Dennis S. Larson and Laurel D. Ruddy, into Improvement District No. 197, known as the Riise Ditch, and authorization to schedule a public hearing for March 30, 2010 at 9:00 a.m.
– Todd Troglin, Water Distribution Department Manager
G. MOTION TO ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation California Government Code Section 54956.9(b)
Significant exposure to litigation: one potential case
– Roger Masuda, General Counsel
2. Conference with Labor Negotiator California Government Code Section 54957.6
Agency Negotiator: Larry Weis
Unrepresented Employees: Managerial, Supervisory, Professional and Confidential
(Employees covered by the MSPC Resolution)
H. REPORT OF ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION
I. MOTION TO ADJOURN
The next scheduled regular meeting is February 9, 2010 at 9:00 a.m.