The Turlock Salvation Army, located at 893 Lander Avenue in Turlock, will be holding its 3rd Annual Dodgeball Tournament on Saturday, May 1, 2010.
There is a minimum of 6 players per team and a maximum of 10 per team. There is an $8 per person pre-registration before April 28th or a $10 walk-up registration of $10.
There will be two divisions this year; Division “A” for high school and Division “B” for adults (18 and above). Participants under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Division matches will be “A” from 12 noon – 3pm and “B” from 3 – 6pm.
www.salvationarmyturlock.org for more details or cal us at (209) 667-06091.
1. 6-10 players on a team, 6 on a court.
2. Substitutions only in between games or in case of injury.
3. The first team to eliminate all players on the opposing team wins.
4. To eliminate a player, one must hit player on the opposite team with a live ball. Live meaning it has not touched any other surface or ball.
5. Once a ball is retrieved in the opening rush, it must be taken behind the attack-line before it can be legally thrown.
6. If a live ball is caught the thrower is out, and a player on the catchers team may re-enter.
7. If a player is using a ball to deflect another ball and his/her ball gets knocked out of his/her hands, that player is out.
8. If a ball hits a player and his teammate catches it, nobody is out, not even the thrower.
9. No player can go outside the boundary lines. Loose balls will be retrieved by officials.
10. No stalling over 5 seconds for a team controlling all six balls.
11. No time outs.
12. Matches will be best out of three.
13. No abusive language or actions.
14. What the official says, goes.
* Information initially submitted by Turlock Salvation Army Community Advisory Board Members Dennis Doo and Jerry Powell.