View the Turlock Irrigation District (TID) Regular Board Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 9:00am.
Turlock Irrigation District
Regular Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Main Office Building
333 East Canal Drive
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Michael Frantz – Division 1
Charles Fernandes, Vice President – Division 2
Joe Alamo. – Division 3
Rob Santos, President – Division 4
Ron Macedo – Division 5
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
C. MOTION APPROVING CONSENT CALENDAR
All matters listed hereunder will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no individual discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate agenda item.
1. Approval of minutes of the regular meeting of July 27, 2010.
2. Approval of Turlock Irrigation District checks dated August 10, 2010.
D. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Interested persons in the audience are welcome to introduce any topic within the District’s jurisdiction. Matters presented under this heading may be discussed, but no action will be taken by the Board at this meeting.
E. WEEKLY UPDATES
1. Electrical Service Division Update
– Renee Cargill, Service Division Manager
2. Power Report
– Bill Bacca, Trading & Scheduling Division Manager
3. Water Report
– Jason Carkeet, Utility Analyst
4. Water Distribution Report
– Mike Kavarian, Water Distribution Department Manager
F. ACTION ITEMS
1. Resolution Adopting a Thermal Conductive Cooling System for Dairy Operations Research Development and Demonstration Project
Consider approval to participate in the research, development and demonstration of whether thermal conductive cooling systems for dairy operations is a viable and more efficient way to keep cows cool in the summer.
– Nancy Folly, Consumer Programs Division Manager
G. GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
H. BUSINESS OF THE BOARD
I. MOTION TO ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation California Government Code Section 54956.9(b)
Significant exposure to litigation: one potential case
– Sara Lima, General Counsel
2. Conference with Labor Negotiator California Government Code Section 54957.6
Agency Negotiator: Larry Weis
Unrepresented Employees: Managerial, Supervisory, Professional and Confidential
(Employees covered by the MSPC Resolution)
J. REPORT OF ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION
K. MOTION TO ADJOURN
The next scheduled regular meeting is Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 9:00 a.m.