In California, the deadline to register to vote for an election is 15 days before each local and statewide Election Day, that day for the November 15, 2010 election is Monday, October 18th.
Voter registration forms must be mailed and post marked no later than October 18, 2010.
You may register to vote in California if:
* You are a United States citizen
* You are a resident of California
* You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election)
* You are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction. For more information on the rights of people who have been incarcerated, please see the Secretary of State’s Voting Guide for Currently or Formerly Incarcerated Californians.
* You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent
You will need to re-register to vote when:
* You move to a new permanent residence
* You change your name
* You change your political party choice
If you have any questions, you may contact the Elections Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 345-8683.
For more information all all ballot items, please go to the State of California’s Official Voter Guide online.