View the complete Turlock Irrigation District Regular Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 9:00am.
Turlock Irrigation District
Regular Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Main Office Building
333 East Canal Drive
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Michael Frantz – Division 1
Charles Fernandes, Vice President – Division 2
Joe Alamo. – Division 3
Rob Santos, President – Division 4
Ron Macedo – Division 5
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
C. MOTION APPROVING CONSENT CALENDAR
All matters listed hereunder will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no individual discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate agenda item.
1. Approval of minutes of the regular meeting of October 26, 2010.
2. Approval of Turlock Irrigation District checks dated November 2, 2010.
D. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Interested persons in the audience are welcome to introduce any topic within the District’s jurisdiction. Matters presented under this heading may be discussed, but no action will be taken by the Board at this meeting.
E. WEEKLY UPDATES
1. Electrical Service Division Update
– Renee Cargill, Service Division Manager
2. Power Report
– Bill Bacca, Trading & Scheduling Division Manager
3. Water Report
– Jason Carkeet, Utility Analyst
4. Water Distribution Report
– Mike Kavarian, Water Distribution Department Manager
F. ACTION ITEMS
1. Resolution Authorizing General Manager or Assistant General Manager Resource Management, Planning and Rates to Execute Gas Agreements Associated with Northern California Power Agency
Consider authorizing the General Manager and/or AGM Resource Management to execute necessary gas related agreements to affect TID’s withdrawal from NCPA subject to legal review and approval by the General Counsel.
– Jim Farrar, AGM Resource Management, Planning & Rates
2. Resolution Certifying the Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR), Selecting the Route for and Approving the Hughson/Grayson 115 kV Transmission Line and Substation Project
Consider approval of the Final EIR as adequate in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA); identify the 115-kV route, substation location and two 69-kV section routes; adopt the Findings of Fact and Mitigation Monitoring Plan; approve the Hughson/Grayson 115 kV Transmission Line and Substation Project; and direct that a Notice of Determination be prepared and filed in compliance with CEQA.
– Ed Jeffers, Interim Electrical Engineering Department Manager
1. Water Operations, Construction & Maintenance Administration Report
– Keith Cargill, AGM Water Operations, Construction & Maintenance
2. Groundwater Report
– Debbie Liebersbach, Water Planning Department Manager
H. GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
I. BUSINESS OF THE BOARD
J. MOTION TO ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation California Government Code Section 54956.9(b)
Significant exposure to litigation: one potential case
– Don Swanson, Risk & Investment Analyst
– Sara Lima, General Counsel
K. REPORT OF ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION
L. MOTION TO ADJOURN
The next scheduled regular meeting is Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 9:00 a.m.