Smoke Detectors Alert Four Sleeping People of Home Fire and Escape

On Tuesday morning at 3:43am, a 911 call was made reporting a home on fire at the 200 block of Vermont Avenue in Turlock. Four people were inside when the fire started.

Smoke detectors alerted the sleeping occupants who awoke to find smoke in the home and got out of the house on their own.

Turlock Fire Department crews arrived to find smoke coming from the single story home. The fire was found to be in the crawl space under the home. Fire crews used a chainsaw to make access and extinguished the fire.

Four fire engines and a total of 13 firefighters had the fire under control within 10 minutes. The fire was put out within 40 minutes.

According to the Turlock Fire Department incident report, the cause was determined to be from wiring leading to the central heating unit. The home suffered moderate damage to the hallway and one bedroom.

The Turlock Fire Department said that working smoke detectors in the home and early detection probably saved the occupants from injuries.

The four people were displaced and sent to a local hotel while repairs could be made to the home.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content