Sleeping Occupants of South Minaret Avenue Fire Escape Due to Working Smoke Detectors

The Turlock Fire Department reported responding to the 1000 block of S. Minaret Avenue for residential structure fire on Sunday morning at 6:22am. The fire was caused by an unattended pot on the stove with the burner on high.

The fire started after a resident put the pot on the stove and then fell back to sleep. The fire extended to the wooden cabinets located below the stove range-top.

Four adult occupants and six children were asleep when the fire occurred but were able to escape after being awakened by working smoke detectors.

Ten firefighters responded to the emergency call and had the fire under control within five minutes.

The fire caused an estimated $6,500 in damage. The occupants were able to return to the residence but without an oven or microwave.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content