On Tuesday, the Turlock Irrigation District (TID) Board of Directors is scheduled to:
• Receive a report on San Joaquin River flow objectives, as proposed by the State Water Resources Control Board.
The SWRCB has proposed reducing annual irrigation diversions on the Tuolumne River, which supplies TID with irrigation water, by 15 percent. The water would instead be sent down the river to improve fish habitats.
• Hear weekly updates on electrical service, power generation, and irrigation water.
• Consider adding two new job classifications, for Chief Dam Safety Engineer and Power Plant Engineering Department Manager, while revising four other job classifications. A second resolution would amend TID's agreement with its labor union to include the job classifications in appropriate pay ranges.
• Cancel the TID board meeting of Feb. 19.
• Consider a request to install a 12-inch sidegate in the Upper Lateral 2 canal to serve 29 acres of new almond trees, owned by Steve Scheuber.
• Hear a report on activities at the Don Pedro Board of Control.
The TID Board of Directors will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the boardroom of the main District office, 333 E. Canal Dr.