Turlock Firefighters Respond to Chimney Fire at Turlock Home

dd34e32172fe0202ef287e574244e1d2_XL

A chimney fire led to the evacuation of a home located at 737 Birchwood Way in Turlock on Thursday.

At approximately 12:53 a.m., Turlock resident Daisy Moran, 29, called 911 after being awakened by barking dogs. The occupants of the home found burning embers falling into the living room from the fireplace.

The Turlock Fire Department responded to the emergency call and observed heavy smoke coming from the chimney. All occupants safely left the home; no one was injured.

The fire was under control within 10 minutes of Turlock Fire's arrival.

The blaze caused extensive damage to the fireplace and chimney, requiring two hours of salvage and overhaul work.

Battalion Chief Gary Carlson presided as Officer in Charge over the incident. The Turlock Fire Department found that the cause of the fire was accidental

Turlock Fire Department responded with four engines, and one Battalion Chief for a total of 13 personnel.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content