Residential Fire Damages Home, Displaces Two

4fcf9d660236ddb62c8456017158615a

A Wednesday residential structure fire at 573 Castor Street displaced two residents, and caused $30,000 in structure damage.

At approximately 2 a.m., the Turlock Fire Department responded to the residential fire after Joann Garcia, 34 of Turlock, called 911. Fire units arrived to find heavy smoke billowing from the attic of the duplex.

According to the Turlock Fire Department, the fire spread rapidly due to a common attic. After investigation, the fire's origin was located in the attic area. Spreading directly down the central distribution ducts throughout the attic, the fire caused heavy damage.

The estimated dollar loss is projected to be approximately $30,000. Turlock Fire Department responded with a division chief, a battalion chief, and 3 engine companies for a total of 11 personnel. Other assisting agencies included the Turlock Police Department, American Medical Response, Turlock Irrigation District, and Pacific Gas and Electric.

Although no one was injured, two victims were displaced due to the fire and chose to stay with family members in the area.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content