Turlock Irrigation District Directors will consider creating a new position, approving a new improvement district, and updating the solar rebate handbook on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, the Turlock Irrigation District Board of Directors is expected to:
• Consider adding a new position, “Director of Energy Markets,” earning between $107,448 and $177,276 annually.
The employee would be tasked with supervising analysis of long-term electric resource utilization, electric load forecasts, energy services, and business expansion. The employee would also direct all trading, scheduling, and dispatching of District power assets.
• Continue the process to form a new improvement district, to be known as the Lucerne Joint Pipeline, located off TID upper lateral No. 2 1/2 near the intersection of Grayson and Waring Roads. The district would replace an open dirt ditch with a 36-inch pipeline, serving 451.01 acres comprising 23 different growers.
• Approve an update to the TID Solar Electric Rebate Program Handbook.
• Hear regular weekly updates on electrical service, power generation, irrigation water availability, and the status of the irrigation season.
• Hear a monthly report on activities of the Financial Services Administration, and accept a report on the district's investment portfolio.
• Hear an annual report on district public benefit programs.
• Cancel the TID board meeting scheduled for May 7.
• Conference with legal counsel in closed session regarding two instances of anticipated litigation.
The Turlock Irrigation District Board of Directors will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the board room of the TID Main Office Building, located at 333 E. Canal Dr.