As the 2012-13 school year draws to an end, eight teachers at Turlock Christian Schools are retiring or moving on to other professional opportunities.
“We have an amazing group of teachers and administrators at each campus that love our students, pray for them, and help shepherd them towards our loving God,” said Sherman Glenn, Superintendent of Turlock Christian Schools. “We appreciate the work these individuals have done here at TCS, and know that it has, and will continue to, bear much fruit. We pray for God’s blessings as they move to their new ventures.”
The following teachers are retiring:
– Piedy Callahan, Activities and Development Director, 3 years
– Amanda Cipponeri, Jr. High Teacher, 4 years
– Dawn Davis, High School Teacher, 13 years
– Tom Freeman, Jr. High Principal, 3 years
– John Godfrey, High School Teacher, 8 years
– Iva Kringle, Elementary, Jr. High and High School Teacher, 25 years
– Shiloh Mininger, Elementary Music Teacher, 1 year
– Alyssa Shaffer, High School Teacher, 1 year
As many teachers are leaving the small K-12 private school, Turlock Christian is making some changes for the 2013-14 school year.
“As we send them on to their next opportunity, God is also busy providing for Turlock Christian School,” said Glenn.
Randy Hopkins, who has worked as a teacher and Physical Education instructor at the school for many years, will transition to become the full-time P.E. instructor at all three campuses. Hopkins will also serve as the Athletic Director for the elementary school.
Turlock Christian Schools will then look to hire a part-time high school history teacher and a high school math teacher. The elementary school is looking to hire an elementary music teacher and a computer lab instructor.
“We trust God to provide the right people for these positions,” said Glenn.
Detailed job postings will be available on the school’s website soon. The school asks qualified candidates to apply at www.turlockchristian.com.