It is a jungle out there looking for work, but fortunately for Turlockers Amazon has officially begun its hiring process for its new, million-square-foot distribution center in Patterson.
Currently Amazon, the internet retail mammoth, is hiring for “Fulfillment Associates.” These associates are responsible for picking, packing and shipping Amazon customer orders.
Amazonfulfillmentcareers.com lists the basic qualifications-
– Must be 18 years old
– Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
– Must be willing and able to work all shifts
– Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
– Must be able to read and take direction in English
– Must be able to life up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
– Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
– Must be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely
– Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach
– Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine and a height of up to 40 feet
– Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment- for example a forklift or
To assist job seekers with the application process Amazon has partnered with Alliance Worknet to hold two informational job seminars. While no applications will be accepted at these seminars, both are designed to give job seekers the exact knowledge they need to apply and what to expect for the jobs.
The two informational meetings are scheduled for from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Modesto Centre Plaza, 1000 L St., Modesto. Admission will be on a first-come first-served basis and limited to 600 attendees.
According to Amazon, salary ranges for fulfillment associate jobs are 30 percent higher than traditional retail stores and all employees will be eligible for health benefits and stock options.
To apply visit http://www.amazonfulfillmentcareers.com and click on “opportunities.”