Turlock City News

Turlock City News

Workers Accidentally Burn Turlock Home


A home caught fire at 430 E. Linwood Ave on Thursday, displacing a family with a teenage child, when workers accidentally set the home ablaze.

The Turlock Fire Department first learned of the fire at 1:08 p.m., when a company working on the home noticed smoke coming from the attic and called 911. Fire crews found heavy smoke upon arriving at the residence.

Firefighters conducted salvage operations, but the ceiling collapsed doing about $80,000 in damage to the attic area and part of the living space. The fire was under control within 15 minutes, thanks to the efforts of 16 firefighters.

After investigation, it was determined that the workers accidentally ignited the attic insulation while brazing refrigeration lines on the home's exterior.

Two adults and one teenager were forced from the home as a result of the fire, according to the Turlock Fire Department. The Red Cross provided food, clothing, and shelter for the family.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Article Comments