Around Turlock – February 11

Submitted/TurlockCityNews.com|

The one-eyed cat of California State University, Stanislaus, affectionately known as Stan by many students, acts as an impromptu mascot for the college.

The tabby cat is often seen lounging around the university grounds or sunbathing in front of Bizzini Hall.

Do you remember the cat from your time at CSU Stanislaus? Are there any notable wild animals around your workplace or school? TurlockCityNews.com wants to know!

Send your pictures taken around Turlock to be published on TurlockCityNews.com to turlock@turlockcitynews.com.

1. Beth says:

I LOVE HIM!! He makes my day!

2. Connie Bratten says:

Four years ago, a 3 month old campus kitten was captured for me. He was completely wild, growling and hissing at us. After awhile he came to trust us and is now a very sweet boy. He is a beautiful tabby, so we named him Teddy.

3. Katrina Kane says:

I would pet this guy every day on my way to class

4. Jeremy Gee says:

That’s Pirate cat. He torments my dogs nightly. He’s been doing it for years.

5. Laura Riddell says:

This cat is 9 years old and named Zena or Xena. She is not particular, and she is a princess warrior. She lost her right eye in a fight with a fox a couple of years back. Then she showed up on Monday, 2/10/14 with her good eye injured. This picture shows her a few days later with her eye a bit improved. She loves to be pet and scratched. Anyone with a desire to contribute to her food supply may drop items off in the box in the hallway of Bizzini Hall.

6. Tori says:

This cat is indeed loved by everyone, however, most students know this cat as the “Bizzini Cat” not Stan.

7. Dr. Rob Santos says:

We took out “Cyclops” right eye on June 30th 2005 at Monte Vista Small Animal Hospital. He had a foxtail that ruptured his eye.

8. Victor says:

The cats name is Xena, sometimes referred as bizzini cat. But have I ever heard anyone call the cat stan.

9. Lisa says:

Her name is Xena and she is a wonderful kitty, very sweet and super friendly. She makes my day 🙂

10. Tomara Hall says:

I love this adorable Kitty Kat! I know her name is Xena but my friends and I first took to calling her Garfield. She is pretty fond of my kitten too!

11. Tomara Hall says:

I love this adorable Kitty Kat! I know her name is Xena but my friends and I first took to calling her Garfield. Once I had my newly adopted kitten with me on campus and Xena was so eager to take a look, it was precious!

12. fantastic says:

That fox on campus is crazy!! You can catch it roaming around late at night near the science pond. Would have loved to see the battle of the fox and cat. Glad the cat made it out alive, that fox can be pretty cunning. He was able to trick me into giving him a bag of Corn Nuts once… never again I said, never again.