El Jaliciense Bar in Turlock suffered heavy smoke damage and some small fire damage after a small blaze ignited Saturday afternoon.
The Turlock Fire Department responded to the 100 block of South First Street at approximately 3:54 p.m. after receiving a 911 call reporting the fire.
Upon arrival, fire crews found heavy smoke throughout the entire business. Crews conducted a quick search of the business, and found that it was unoccupied.
Within 15 minutes, the Turlock Fire Department was able to get the fire under control.
The business suffered heavy smoke damage throughout the entire bar, with a small area suffering fire damage. The Turlock Fire Department estimates about $60,000 in damage.
The Turlock Fire Department determined the cause of the fire to be “electrical in nature.”
El Jaliciense was not open at the time of the fire, and no injuries have been reported at this time.
Photo courtesy of Brandon McMillan/TurlockCityNews.com