Beginning Saturday, the Stanislaus County Fair is hosting several horse show and livestock events before the Fair opens.
“Horses are a symbol of the Stanislaus County Fair,” said Carl Richter, Horse Department Superintendent. “The Draft Horse has been on the fair logo for as long as I can remember. The 4-H, FFA, and open horse exhibitors have been a long-standing tradition that keeps our community connected with our fair.”
Pre-Fair horse and livestock events begin at 7:30 a.m. Saturday in the FoodMaxx Arena.
The 2014 Pre-Fair Horse and Cattle Show events are shown below:
• Jr. Rodeo at 8 a.m. June 14
• Cutting at 7:30 a.m. June 22
• Open Cattle Classes at 6:30 p.m. June 22
• 4-H/FFA English at 7:30 a.m. June 23
• 4-H/FFA Single Horse Cart Class at 6:30 p.m. June 23
• 4-H/FFA Showmanship followed by 4-H/FFA Western at 7:30 a.m. June 24
• 4-H/FFA Gymkhana at 7:30 a.m. June 25
• Open Gymkhana at 6:30 p.m. June 26
• Outstanding Exhibitor Interviews for Registered Dairy Cattle, Goats and Meat Goats at 10 a.m. July 9
• 4-H & FFA Dairy Showmanship, 4-H & FFA Dairy Goats, followed by 4-H & FFA Dairy Goat Showmanship at 10 a.m. July 10
The Stanislaus County Fair opens July 11 for a 10-day run. Discounted Fair admission tickets, unlimited ride wristbands, and season passes are now on sale.