A small fryer fire at the Jack in the Box on Geer Road Friday night left the the fast food restaurant closed for several days.
At approximately 10:33 p.m. Friday, Turlock fire crews responded to Jack in the Box, located at 2601 Geer Rd., after a fire broke in the kitchen.
Fire crews were able to contain the fire within minutes of arriving on scene.
According to the Turlock Fire Department, some cardboard boxes had been stored too close to a deep fryer and the boxes caught fire.
The damage was moderate in the kitchen area. Estimated dollar loss for the fire was $7,000.
Jack in the Box was closed for days following the fire for cleaning and repairs, but has since reopened.
Although this fire was a commercial kitchen, the Turlock Fire Department would like to remind the public to practice safety in their own kitchens. Useful information can found at the USFA website.