Turlock Fire Quickly Controls Residential Blaze Started by a Lamp

TurlockCityNews.com

The Turlock Fire Department was able to quickly respond to and put out a residential blaze on Thursday evening that started in an upstairs bedroom.

At approximately 6:26 p.m., the owner of the home, who was not home when the fire started, called 911 to report the fire on the 1900 block of Trail Way.

According to the report from the Turlock Fire Department, the homeowner arrived home and smelled smoke when entering her attached garage. The homeowner proceeded upstairs, but was forced out of the home due to the smoke found upstairs; she proceeded to call 911 at this time.

The Turlock Fire Department arrived to the home and found a large pile of blankets on fire in the corner of an upstairs bedroom. They were able to move the burning items outside of the residence, and control the fire.

The fire was under control within five minutes of the fire crews arriving.

The cause of the fire was determined to be from a table lamp that had been left on and fell onto the pile of blankets. The hot light bulb melted into the blankets and eventually ignited the fire, reports the Turlock Fire Department.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

Damage to the home and its contents was estimated at $1,200 by the Turlock Fire Department.

While the blaze was quickly under control, the Turlock Fire Department said it was fortunate that the homeowner arrived when she did. Had the fire gone unnoticed for longer, the fire would have spread and caused more damage.

The Turlock Fire Department reminds citizens to use caution with lamps and powered appliances, ensuring they are turned off and/or unplugged when not in use. Also, always consider the amount of combustibles in or around powered appliances. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content