Officials Break Ground on $113 Million Jail Expansion

Courtesy of Central Valley TV

Local and state officials gathered Friday morning to break ground on a $113 million jail expansion that will add 480 beds to the Stanislaus County Public Safety Center in Ceres.

The expansion, which will be done in three projects, will begin with adding 480 jail beds, 72 beds for the medical/mental health unit, and added health services and security control. Project two will be a day reporting center for life skills and job training for inmates.

The $113 million price tag of the expansion is largely paid for via state grants (State AB 900 Phase II) which will make up 90 percent of the cost of the first two projects. The other 10 percent will be paid with Stanislaus County funds.

Project three of the expansion, an intake, release and transportation center, public lobby, and detention center, is funded entirely by County Public Facilities Fees.

The expansion at the Public Safety Center, located at 250 E. Hackett Rd., is expected to be completed by late 2016.

Comments 1

  1. Adam says:
    Alot of money down the drain

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content