Two Adults, One Child Killed in Hit and Run

Brandon McMillan/TurlockCityNews.com

The Turlock Police Department is currently investigating a hit and run that claimed the lives of three victims, including one child.

Officers responded to the intersection of Rockwood Avenue and Boxwood Way on the report of an accident at approximately 7:45 p.m.

Turlock police spokesperson Lt. Ron Reid reports that a white BMW sedan was traveling southwest at a high rate of speed when the driver struck three people walking in the neighborhood.

Of the three victims struck, two adult females were declared deceased on scene and a child, approximately 6 or 7 years old was transported to an area hospital, said Reid.

The child has since been declared deceased.

A fourth subject, an approximately 2 ½-year-old child, was also walking with the victims, but was not hit or injured, said Reid.

The child is now at the Public Safety Facility to be reunited with family members.

None of the victims have been identified at this time.

The driver of the BMW lost control of the vehicle and drove through a residential driveway before striking a stop sign and colliding with a home on the corner of Rockwood Avenue and Boxwood Way.

No one was home at the time that the vehicle collided with the home and no injuries were reported, according to Reid.

Reid has reported that alcohol appears to be a factor in the accident.

After colliding with the home, the occupants of the vehicle fled in opposite directions — one down Boxwood Way and the other down Rockwood Avenue toward Linwood.

The suspect who fled down Boxwood Way was detained by citizens and arrested by police. His identity is not being released at this time.

The second suspect reportedly entered a home on Linwood Avenue, but when officers attempted to make contact with the homeowners, they were uncooperative and police are now attempting to get a search warrant.

According to Reid, the suspects could be facing charges including hit and run and vehicular manslaughter, although the investigation is only preliminary.

TurlockCityNews.com will continue to update this case as it develops.

Video Courtesy of CentralValleyTV.net

Video Courtesy of CentralValleyTV.net

1. Livingston says:

The passenger would have no culpability here, so there is no excuse for him to flee or not attempt to help. I would be mortified had I been in the car, got out and seen bodies in the street. We could assume that the reason the occupants of the home to which one of the suspects fled are not cooperating is because they are family members. Had the police came to the door of my family and told them what had happened, that I was in the car and witnesses saw me flee into this house, and in fact I had just came home several minutes prior acting strangely or out of breath, my own mother would have dragged me out of the house and delivered me to the cops. I guess the apples aren’t falling too far from the tree. F-k these generational degenerates. There actually was a reason for those old “three generations of imbeciles” forced sterilization laws we used to have (though they were certainly abused in ways that were reprehensible).

2. Guest -Turlock says:

Such a tragedy. This is only a few blocks from my house. The family of those killed will be in my prayers.

3. mona says:

This may have already been thought of. But if the suspect left the car and fleed on foot can’t the police trace the license plate? Or even documents inside the car?

4. oodi says:

mona… as per the article, BOTH suspects are in custody.

5. amy says:

What a nightmare i live on boxwood had a front row seat!!! my prayers go out to everyone involved!!

6. Sick says:

This is the picture that they post for all to see that person on the ground covered dead how disrespectful to the family and community.

7. Darrell hicks says:

We know LE is diligently working this case. I sure hope LE keeps media informed.

We want the names, PLEASE! Driver, occupant, and three victims. Also, what about the surviving toddler?

MADD WANTS TO KNOW.

8. Darrell hicks says:

BTW, OPs, citizens were able to catch only one car occupant. The second occupant was hidden by family members. Makes me want to charge the entire family tree

9. How much ya wanna bet? says:

That these 2 criminals and the family members that hid the one guy are all on public assistance?

10. I will up the bet. says:

Public assistance and Mexican surnames.

11. Jessica says:

Rest in peace this is sooo horrific im very sadden by this news I work at a elementaryschool right fdown the street from where this hapened hopefully it wasnt a child that goes there. My prayers are with the family and friends of the victims. God bless. And hopefully they do have them in custody

12. T says:

When will our elected officials in Sacramento get tough with those who chose to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
    This is murder and should be sentenced as a murderer and the lose’s family members that harbored him should also face time.

13. T says:

This is murder and should be sentenced as a murderer and the [u]loser’s[/u] family members that harbored him should also face time.