Suspect Arrested for Inappropriately Touching Teen Girl Walking to School

Courtesy of Turlock Police Department

Turlock police arrested a male suspect on Thursday morning after he allegedly inappropriately touched a 14-year-old girl as she was walking to school.

Garret Roland, 23, was arrested for sexual battery, misdemeanor child molestation, and trespassing.

A 14-year-old female student was allegedly approached by Roland on the 500 block of Minaret Street, near the eCharter Academy at Crane School on Thursday morning.

Roland asked the girl if she wanted to have sexual intercourse with him, said Turlock police spokesperson Officer Mayra Lewis.

The teen girl refused and continued to walk and Roland followed her, said Lewis.

While walking behind the teen girl, Roland allegedly inappropriately touched the victim, said Lewis. The victim got away to a safe area and made a phone call to the party that reported the incident to the Turlock Police Department.

Authorities received the report at approximately 7:18 a.m. and responded to area to contact the victim.

While searching the area, officers located Roland hiding nearby, said Lewis. The suspect was positively identified by the victim and was arrested, said Lewis.

1. Anon says:

This guy? He asked me to prom when we were still in highschool. He asked me by handing me a condom and a king me “Prom?” No. You’really gross. You’really want’s wrong with the community. Hope he rots in hjail.

2. shawshank time says:

Mr. Roland meet Bogs and sisters.

3. Elizabeth Huffman says:

We meet him and he needs mentally slow and he needs help

4. Turlocker says:

Let me guess, He just got out of the homeless shelter where he had a good nights sleep. Lets keep housing and inviting these people to stay in our community. (sarcasm) If you support all those people hanging out in your parks and apparently near your schools all day, then you support what this guy did and all his special friends that ride their bikes and dig in all our garbage cans. Turlock City Council: Get rid of this element in our town!!

5. Average Resident says:

He’s a piece of dog (*edited by tcn) and so does his trailer-park trash mom for using the “he’s a good kid” card. Scumbags like this is the reason why Turlock is down the toilet and I’m sick and tired of criminals having more rights than us law-abiding folks.

6. TRUTHBETOLD says:

WTF HOMIE??? DUDE why in the HELL are you touching a child??? I’ll tell you what, IF YOU EVER end up in PRISON, your POUTY FULL LIPS WILL BE IN DEMAND!! LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE SICKO! THAT MEANS ANYONE UNDER 18 YRS OF AGE! Your DAMN LUCKY that young girl isn’t my daughter! YOU BETTER CHECK YOURSELF SICKO!

7. Question says:

Who the hell rolls that haircut? Total yardape

8. Oh no not another tweeker says:

Had to have this drug addict arrested at the store I used to work for for stealing for the 100th time in the last 5 years. He goes to the Gospel Mission after he’s released from jail on his various arrests and gets free clothes given to him that are nicer than the majority of what us working people can afford. The churches keep inviting these disgusting people back to this town with their “programs” and people wonder why Turlock has become such a crime-ridden dump hole. I am so glad I am moving away from here in a few months. This homeless druggie situation is totally out of control and Turlock city officials do nothing while pocketing undue raises and scurrying off to the rich side of town. I blame the churches and the corrupt politics in this city for this constant increase of trash and weirdness Turlock has to offer. Barf.