Five Turlock residents were displaced following the second fire in two weeks at the home.
The Turlock Fire Department responded to the 400 block of Locust Avenue around 2:30 a.m. on Thursday.
Fire crews discovered the structure fire in a bedroom in the occupied home while putting out a car fire three houses down.
According to the Turlock Fire Department, four to five residents were evacuating when fire crews made entry and three to four more were ushered out after.
The fire was contained to a small back room and it was under control within 10 minutes of Turlock fire’s arrival. Overhaul of the fire took approximately an hour and a half.
Turlock Fire Departments reports that the fire was caused by a candle that had been knocked over in the bedroom.
Fire damage was limited to the area of the fire’s origin and there was some smoke damage through the home.
This fire was the second at the home in the last two weeks.
Five residents of the home were displaced and sent to an area hotel by the Turlock Firefighters Local #2434 Random Acts of Kindness, with several others refusing to leave the home.