Venice Motel Fire Likely Caused by Appliances Near Combustible Materials

Brandon McMillan/TurlockCityNews.com

Turlock Fire Department has determined the fire at the Venice Motel on Tuesday to be unintentional, likely caused by appliances used and stored near combustible materials, including papers.

A neighbor saw smoke coming from the room at the Venice Hotel, located at 1114 N. Golden State Blvd. and called 911.

The fire was reported at 3:03 p.m. on Tuesday, with the first engine arriving within four minutes; the Turlock Fire Department had the fire under control by 3:14 p.m.

The same neighbor who reported the fire attempted to use a garden hose to apply water through an open window, according to the Turlock Fire Department.

Fire crews arrived to find the front door open and made entry to battle the small fire. The fire was quickly contained to the room of origin.

The building suffered minor damage from the fire, including surface structure charring and smoke staining. There was also wall and ceiling material removed during extinguishment.

Turlock Fire Department estimated damage to building at approximately $5,000, with another loss of $2,000 in the occupant’s personal belongings and furnishings.

The one occupant of the room was displaced, but no other occupants of the complex were affected by the fire.

The Turlock Fire Department encourages citizens to report fire quickly and without delay. However, the department discourages citizens from putting themselves at risk to fight a fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content