Five residents were displaced after a large residential fire that caused approximately $125,000 in loss on Wednesday morning.
Turlock fire responded to the 200 block of High Street at approximately 9:55 a.m. on Wednesday to find a residential home on fire with one resident possibly inside.
Fire crews conducted a rapid search of the home upon arrival and found no victims inside.
The blaze was spreading to a TID pole near the residence, however fire crews were able to keep the fire confined to the building of origin. Turlock Fire Department reports the fire was contained within 25 minutes of arrival, with overhaul taking approximately 3 hours.
According to the Turlock Fire Department, the fire was accidentally caused by an unattended candle.
The residence sustained extreme fire damage, with an estimated $125,000 in dollar loss, reports the Turlock Fire Department.
Five residents were displaced due to the fire with assistance from the Red Cross.
The Turlock Fire Department also reports that the residence did not have work smoke detectors and would like to remind everyone of the importance of having detectors in your home.
Courtesy of Turlock Fire Department