Residential Stove Fire Quickly Extinguished by Turlock Fire

Brandon McMillan/TurlockCityNews.com

Turlock Firefighters were able to quickly contain a residential fire that was started by a cooking operation left unattended Sunday night.

The Turlock Fire Department responded to the 3000 block of Duquesne Way at approximately 8:33 p.m. after a neighbor saw smoke and called 911.

Crews arrived to find white smoke coming from the attic vents, and once they entered they found light white smoke throughout the house.

The fire started at the stove top, which spread to the cabinets around the stove, said the Turlock Fire Department.

Fire crews were able to get the blaze under control within five minutes of arrival.

The Turlock Fire Department determined that the cause of the fire was a cooking operation that had been left unattended.

In total, the fire caused approximately $6,000 in damage to the home. However, once all operations were complete, the occupant was able to return to the home.

Assisting crews, which included the Turlock Police Department, Turlock Irrigation District, and PG&E, found that extensive wiring in the home had not been installed to code, thus utilities were secured and sealed to the house.

Comments 1

  1. yep says:

    Turlock Fire is the best <3

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content
%d bloggers like this: