Vehicle Catches Fire in Residential Garage

Brandon McMillan/TurlockCityNews.com

The Turlock Fire Department quickly extinguished a vehicle fire in a garage Tuesday night to prevent it from spreading to the home.

Firefighters responded to the 1900 block of Winter Haven Drive shortly before 10 p.m. on the report of a residential structure fire.

Upon arrival, crews found a vehicle’s engine compartment on fire and smoke coming from an attached garage.

The resident of the home was also attempting to extinguish the fire with a garden hose when firefighters arrived.

The fire was contained within five minutes of Turlock Fire’s arrival, with overhaul taking approximately an hour. The quick containment prevented the fire from spreading to the attic or living area.

Turlock Fire listed the cause as accidental and appears to have started in the engine compartment of the vehicle.

The vehicle sustained major damage, but the garage only sustained smoke damage.

No one was injured or displaced due to the fire. 

Comments 2

  1. There is a reason for building codes Mr. C.M. says:

    You can thank the local building department at the time for insuring that the firewalls were constructed per code, which ultimately contained the fire to the garage.

  2. Matt says:

    And what about 430 am the next day, what was on fire then? And who do we get to thank for that?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content
%d bloggers like this: