The Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors will host a dedication event for the new Day Reporting Center at the Stanislaus County Public Safety Center on Aug. 13.
The new Day Reporting Center is part of a $113 million jail expansion at the Stanislaus County Public Safety Center.
According to a press release, the Day Reporting Center will provide evidence-based programs and services for probationers and offenders who are out of custody as a result of prison realignment.
The building will including a public lobby and reception area, administration space, a processing area, classrooms, multipurpose room and counseling rooms.
Dedication of the Day Reporting Center will take place at 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 13 at the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department, located at 190 E. Hackett Rd. in Ceres.
The members of the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors are expected to attend and will be joined by Sheriff Adam Christianson, Chief Probation Officer Jill Silva and various State officials from the Board of State and Community Corrections, State Department of Finance, and other local officials.
The $113 million Public Safety Center expansion, located at 250 E. Hackett Rd. in Ceres, is being largely paid for via state grants (State AB 900 Phase II) which will make up 90 percent of the cost the Day Report Center and addition of 480 jail beds, 72 beds for the medical/mental health unit, and added health services and security control. The other 10 percent of the cost is coming from Stanislaus County Funds.
A third part of the expansion, an intake, release and transportation center, public lobby, and detention center, is being funded entirely by County Public Facilities Fees.