The Turlock Fire Department is reporting that the gas leak that caused a shelter advisory in the area of E. Main Street and Canal Drive has been stopped and area roads have been reopened.
On Wednesday morning, construction crews working on E. Main Street hit a gas line, causing a large natural gas leak in the area.
Residents in the area were advised to stay indoors, with all windows and doors closed, to avoid coming into contact with the gas.
The gas leak has since been stopped and all adjacent houses have been cleared, according to the Turlock Fire Department. Residents may now open their windows or doors and turn on their AC units.
Road closures, which included a portion of Canal Drive between Olive Avenue and E. Main Street, have been lifted.
No injuries were reported from the gas leak.