Firefighters Respond to Smoke Coming From Walmart

TurlockCityNews.com

The Turlock Fire Department responded to reports of a potential structure fire at WalMart on Thursday morning.

Firefighters responded to Walmart, located at 2111 Fulkerth Road, on Thursday, shortly after 8 a.m. Upon arrival, crews encountered light smoke conditions issuing from the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) vents inside the business. Due to the size of the building and the number of HVAC units with potential involvement, multiple crews were needed to rapidly determine the source of the smoke.

Further investigation revealed the source as a small smoldering fire within one of the HVAC units located on the roof. The fire was quickly extinguished and overhauled.

Walmart management staff worked closely with Turlock Fire crews to ensure the store was safe and suitable to reopen for business.

The business was closed for approximately 2 hours.

Turlock Fire Department responded with Engine 34, Squad 32, Engine 31, Engine 33 and Battalion Chief 4. Turlock Rural provided City coverage as all Turlock Fire crews were on-scene for the duration of the incident.

It was extremely lucky that no one was hurt in the incident, staff or customers, as this was a scary ordeal for all parties involved. If there were any injuries whether it have been from the smoke inhalation or burns, those involved may have had to get in contact with someone to help them make a claim from the situation, for example a Walmart injury attorney, who specialize in injuries obtained in or around Walmart, of any nature.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content