Turlock City News

Turlock City News

Overheated HVAC system causes panic

On Saturday, July 11th, 2020, at approximately 7:10 pm, the Turlock Fire Department received a call of smoke coming from inside an apartment at Brentwood Apartments, located at 1301 N Denair Ave. Engine 31 was dispatched to investigate. Upon their arrival, they located significant smoke coming from inside an apartment. At this time, the incident was upgraded to a potential structure fire, which added Battalion 4, Engine 33, and Engine 34 to the call. All residents in that building were also evacuated.

Battalion 4 arrived on scene to assume command. Crews then began investigating to locate the source of the smoke. During the investigation process, crews located an overheated HVAC system on the roof of the apartment complex which was causing the smoke. Crews worked to turn the electricity and gas to that system off and air out the apartments with the smoke. Once this was done, command was terminated, and all fire units went clear and available.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Article Comments