Pet Nearly Causes Home to Explode

Turlock City News LOGO - 2021-11-12T104109.049

At about 6:22 pm Wednesday evening, the Turlock Fire Department was dispatched to a check out at a residence in the 200 block of Wayside Drive, Turlock.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they entered the residence to find high amounts of natural gas. Firefighters quickly evacuated the residents and performed natural ventilation. Once the readings were back to normal, residents were allowed back in.

The investigation revealed that the gases had originated from a stove that had been accidentally turned on by a pet and had gone unnoticed.

Battalion Chief Bill Becker stated that if it had gone unnoticed for any longer, it could have caused an explosion.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content