At about 2:27 am Tuesday morning, the Turlock Police Department, Turlock Fire Department, and American Medical Response were dispatched to a reported sick person at a residence in the 100 block of Almond Avenue for a drug overdose in-progress.
When crews arrived on scene, they found a subject who was unresponsive, had a very faint pulse, and was barely breathing, clearly experiencing an opioid overdose.
Family members who were at the scene had already administered one dose of Naloxone, more commonly known as Narcan, an extremely effective and fast opioid reversing agent. That one dose however had no effect, so police administered another until fire and medical personnel could arrive and take over.
The patient eventually regained consciousness and refused to be transported to the hospital.
Leave a Reply