Man Drops Lit Cigarette in Vehicle and Starts Fire

Turlock City News POST (6)

At about 12:02 am Thursday morning, the Turlock Fire Department was dispatched to a reported vehicle fire at Walmart Neighborhood Market, 2480 Geer Road, Turlock.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they found a silver Toyota sedan fully involved.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire and prevent it from spreading to another vehicle and a tree just a few feet away, as well as some power lines just above it.

When firefighters spoke to the vehicle’s owner, he told them that he was smoking a cigarette inside his vehicle and accidentally dropped it, starting the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content