Fireworks Discarded in Trash Can Cause House Fire

Fireworks Discarded in Trash Can Cause House Fire / Photo: Patrick Shansoff | Turlock City News

At about 11:10 pm Monday night, the Turlock Fire Department was dispatched to a check out in the 2200 block of Joynichole Drive, Turlock, for something on fire in the area.

As firefighters were responding, additional calls began coming in reporting smoke emitting from the attic of a residence. The incident was upgraded to a residential working structure fire which added several additional resources.

When crews arrived on scene, they found a single story single family dwelling that had an exterior fire which had extended up the wall and into the attic. All occupants were outside and accounted for.

Firefighters began fire attack in the offensive strategy and were able to bring the fire under control within about thirty minutes, keeping it contained to the house of origin.

Firefighters remained on scene for an extended period of time conducting overhaul, investigation, and other post fire activities.

Two adults and one child were displaced as a result of the fire.

The Stanislaus Regional Fire Investigations Unit responded to the scene to investigate the fire, American Medical Response responded to the scene to provide firefighter and patient care, the Turlock Irrigation District and Pacific Gas and Electric Company responded to secure utilities, while the Modesto Fire Department provided city coverage for the duration of the incident.

No injuries were reported.

The fire was caused by Safe and Sane fireworks which had been discarded in a trash can placed up against the residence.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Article Comments

Recent Forum Topics

Recent Forum Replies

ADVERTISEMENT
Skip to content