Turlock City News

Turlock City News

64 Year Old Man Escapes Accidental Kitchen Fire

The Turlock Fire Department reported that a 64 year old resident in the 300 block of S. Laurel Street in Turlock escaped a kitchen fire on Friday night.

Turlock Firefighters responded to a 911 call made at 6:36pm on November 30th reporting the fire at the S. Laurel Street residency.

Fire crews showed up to find moderate smoke coming from the residency and a neighbor reported that the occupant was still inside the house. Fire crews initiated aggressive search and rescue, but the occupant was found to have made it out on his own.

The fire was controlled within five minutes of arrival. Several minutes later, crews located a small amount of fire in the attic while checking for extension.

The residential kitchen fire’s cause has been determined as accidental, most likely caused by paper goods coming in contact with a range top pilot light. The fire caused moderate damage to the kitchen.

Turlock Fire Department responded with a total of 14 personnel; 1 Division Chief, 1 Battalion Chief, and 4 Engine Companies.

With an estimated dollar loss of $35,000, the 64 year old occupant remained at the property.

The man living at the residence reported that his smoke detectors did not activate at this fire. The Fire Department reminds all citizens to check and maintain their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

Recent Article Comments