Turlock City News

Turlock City News

Man Dies After Suspected Overdose in Motel Room


At about 7:43am Wednesday, Turlock Police, Turlock Fire, and American Medical Response responded to an overdose at the Sunrise Inn in the 1300 block of N. Golden State Boulevard.

When units arrived on scene, they found John Cunningham, 35, of Turlock, with no pulse in one of the rooms.

Officer Marquez administered Narcan in an attempt to revive Cunningham, although there was no response. Cunningham was declared deceased a few minutes later.

A deputy coroner responded to the scene to take possession of the body.

This is the second suspected overdose death in a motel room within the same week. The first one was at the Travelodge and had some suspicious circumstances. An article will be forthcoming.

The official cause of death for this incident has yet to be determined.

The investigation remains ongoing. Anyone with information that could assist is encouraged to call Officer Ryan Mulhim at 209-664-7373.

Recent Article Comments